When Bub got home a few hours later, we practiced letting her walk two or three steps across the room to each other. She did it once, but after that she was too excited and couldn't keep her balance.
I pulled out one of our old baby walker/push toy type things and showed it to her. It's a little short for her, but sturdy. She's been taking it everywhere 'practicing'. We ordered a walker for her a little over a month ago. With insurance and medical supply companies, you never know how long those things are going to take. We just can't wait for it to get here. She wants to walk down the hall to primary like her friends, instead of using her wheelchair. After this weekend, she may be walking on her own before it gets here any way!
I'll post a picture when I take one. So far, I've only taken video and I can't get it to post.

10 comments:
OH Wow! I am so excited for you. That post brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations!
that's so awesome! congrats emma, way to go!
That is so cool!
Hooray for Emma! I love her determination. That's the best news I've heard in a long time.
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I just want you to know that I am crying right now! I am so happy and proud of Emma!
I'm crying too! Way to go Emma!!! That is awesome!
HOORAY!!!
Way to go Emma! That's great to hear- We're so happy for her!
That is SO cool Susan!
That is so great, Sue! Tell Emma good job! I think it is cute she was doing it on her own without you even watching or helping! She is so amazing!
Post a Comment