Thursday, August 25, 2011

Do you know this Super Hero?


If you grew up in the 80's like I did, you may remember "She-Ra" She is He-man's twin sister otherwise known as the "Princess of Power". With a little help from Netflix, Emma has become absolutely smitten with She-Ra over the summer. She wants to be her for Halloween and can't understand why they don't make She-Ra toys anymore. She loves to play She-Ra by raising her fist into the air and saying "For the Honor of Gray Skull!" (That's how her alter ego "Adora" changes into She-Ra) She has done this so much that one of Mary's favorite words is "She-Ra" I enjoy the fact that she has a good female role model to look up to. Back in the 80's cartoons still had a moral to their story and taught kids what's right without trying to be politically correct.

I love to tell my kids that "back in my day" the only time cartoons were on TV was Saturday morning. With a dozen or so channels devoted entirely to children's shows and cartoons, they can't even comprehend it.

What are some of your favorite cartoons from "back in the day"? Do you remember G-force, Johnny Quest, Rainbow Bright, or Thunder Cats?

1 comment:

Miss M said...

I love it. O plays with my he-man toys. We have a she-ra, maybe I shouldn't have told you that.