Monday, April 8, 2013

I believe....

I have friends and family who are gay and lesbian.  They are wonderful people who I love very much.  I wish for them joy, and love and success in every aspect of their lives.  Sometimes,  it's okay to agree to disagree though.  So, I also believe in traditional marriage between a man and a woman. 

Those who speak of tolerance are on the right track.  But we must also remember that tolerance should be extended to those on both sides of an issue.  I am beginning to feel more and more that tolerance in our society is being encouraged mostly towards those who want to change the traditions of our society and the dictates of our religions.  I believe that tolerance should also apply to those of us who still believe in keeping things the same.

Whatever you believe, let's be kind and respectful to each other.

No comments: