Sunday, March 15, 2009

Let me first say THANK YOU to all of you who have been praying for my brother. We really appreciate it. He is making itty bitty bits of progress, but still has a long way to go. Your continued prayers would be a blessing. :) If you are interested, you can look at his blog for all the details. They also have pictures of the tumors that have been removed. just click here.

We've been busy at our house, and I've been a very neglectful blogger. Bub had a birthday on the 2nd. It was really nice. He took the day off work and we spent the day together. We went out to breakfast and saw the Coraline movie. A word of wisdom: it's not a kids show. click here for details on that.
Two days later, Aiden had a birthday and turned 7 years old! I can't believe he's so big. He got (what else?) Star Wars toys. And I think he's pretty happy about it.

The other day, I picked him up from school looking like this: (Can you tell what's missing?)

His front tooth had been loose for a week or so. I asked him what happened to it. He said he didn't know, and thought that maybe he swallowed it or something. I kept trying to ask when he noticed it missing, and he couldn't tell me anything about it. Except that he was worried that the tooth fairy wouldn't leave him anything. I told him that maybe we could leave a note for her and he said: "That's what I was thinking!" (We still haven't done it yet.)

Last night, he had another adventure. This one not so fun. All the neighborhood kids were out riding their scooters around the cul-de-sac. One of the kids had a motor-scooter that runs off of a battery (I think) Aiden fell down and the motor-scooter ran over his face. He's got a goose egg with a gash on his forehead and a big red stripe going diagnally across his face starting just under his right eye, to under his nose, where there's another big patch of scrapes. and today his nose is all red too. He's okay. It just looks terrible and hurts like the dickens. He cried for a good long time, took some tylenol and laid on an ice pack for several hours. I took a picture today, but he made me promise not to show it to anyone. So, I won't post it.
He didn't go to primary today because he thought people would get scared if they looked at his face, and that they'd make him leave primary because he'd be saying 'ow!' during the songs.:) I wonder what it's going to be like trying to get him to go to school tomorrow.....Poor kiddo.

Emma went on two fieldtrips this week. One with each of her preschools. On Tuesday, she went with Miss Barbara's class to the treehouse museum, and on Thursday she went with Miss Jamie's class to the Gateway Children's museum. She loved them both. I went with her to help her, which means I spent two days walking around hunched over, or carrying her up and down stairs. My back hurts just thinking of it. But it was well worth it. She had a great time. This picture was taken at the Tree house museum. She had fun playing Doctor with the baby dolls.

Emma is anxious for her birthday on Tuesday. She had a hard time with Bub and Aiden's festivities. She wanted it to be HER birthday. I think she'll enjoy having her own hoopla. I haven't quite planned anything official yet. I need to get on the ball.

That's about it. Not a very exciting post. But, an update none-the-less.

5 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

Sad to hear about Aiden but glad he's Ok. Good luck with Emma's party!

Miss M said...

I want to see a pic of Aidens scooter accident. Just kidding, thanks for the update.

Rachael said...

March is a busy birthday month for your family!I hope Emma has a great birthday. I think she liked the birthday band and getting sung to in Primary! She looks so cute playing dr! I love the Treehouse. Sorry to hear about Aiden's scooter accident! I hope he is feeling better! Tell him we hope to see him this Sunday!

Nora Mair said...

Yea you're back--i love seeing pictures of your kids. Aiden is so big...the tooth fairy has responded ni$ely to notes from us.

The Stevens said...

Oh poor Aiden! But happy birthday to all. I didn't realize that they were so close. When is yours?