"There is no reality, only perception."--unknown
I have felt like such a boring slacker of a mom this summer. I've struggled to be productive. I've struggled to just keep up on the daily basic functions around the house.
The other day, Aiden and I dropped Emma off at a group therapy session with her preschool class. I tried to think of something special or fun I could do with Aiden in the short amount of time we had. Each idea I had was quickly shot down with the reasoning that we either didn't have the time or money, or that I just plain didn't have the energy to do it. I settled on merely going through the drive thru at Arby's to get Aiden one of his favorite mal-nutritious lunches: mozerella sticks and curly fries. We parked in the Arby's parking lot to eat and I told Aiden he could join me in the front seat to eat. Feeling defeated by my lame and feeble mothering, I asked Aiden "So what has been your favorite thing about this summer?" Looking straight ahead and swinging his dangling feet from the seat, he got a smile on his face and said "This." "Eating lunch here together?" I asked. "uh-huh" he said.....
While blog-surfing today, I stumbled across this little gem that put it all in perspective. Thanks to Travelin' Oma who shared it with me.

3 comments:
good reminders to enjoy each moment, thanks sooz!
thanks for posting the video Sue...it made me cry. I have been feeling like a lame mom too. But, I really do think its the little things that our kids will remember and most importantly that we love them!! I love the quote-the days are long but the years are short. What a great reminder!
Thanks for the mention! It's fun to discover a new blog and know I have someone on the other side of the computer!
Post a Comment