
We had such a fun morning! Aiden's second grade class has something called a "mystery reader" A mystery reader is anybody who comes to school as a surprise to read a story to the class. There was quite a stir in the second grade today as Aiden was surprised by DARTH VADER as his mystery reader.
Bub has a friend who is a complete Star Wars fanatic. He has a very authentic costume that lights up and makes the breathing sound and everything. Aiden knows Jeff and thinks he's the coolest guy around. He came to Aiden's birthday party a few years ago.
I think Bub and I had as much fun as anybody. Walking through the halls with Darth Vader made me giggle. The office staff waited at the doors for him to come in so they could see him. The librarian came out with her camera, and got excited when Bub offered to take a picture of her with Darth Vader. She may have even blushed a little. One older girl stuck her head out of a classroom and shouted "I'm not afraid of you!" Another little girl was on her way out of the bathroom and stopped dead in her tracks with her jaw hanging open. Bub told her, "It's okay, he's nice." And the entire sixth grade was distracted from their choir rehearsal with shouts of "Oh my gosh! It's Darth Vader!" Their teacher wasn't too happy about it though.
Aiden's class was really fun. They asked Darth Vader lots of questions, like "Did it hurt when your legs got burned off?" And whether or not he had his light saber with him. I heard some kids asking Aiden "How do you know Darth Vader?" It was a blast!
It's so fun to be able to do something great for your kids. Bub said he kind of felt like the over-the-top parent. I guess that's true, but how often do you actually get to do something over the top for your kids? I loved it! Mrs. Bernier's second grade class will never be the same again. :)

7 comments:
Small world! I saw Darth Vader at the school today. I took Mason in this morning, and on our way out, Darth Vader and a couple others (I assume you and your husband) were walking through the parking lot towards the school. I was wondering what Darth Vader was doing there, but now I know! :0)
hahaha-that's awesome!!!! My boys would love that-what great parents you are!
That sounds awesome! I wish Carter could have seen it. What fun parents you guys are.
That is awesome!! You guys are such great parents!
What fun! My boys would be in heaven for something like that! I bet it was a big hit :)
that is awesome! I bet Aiden is the coolest kid in his class (or even school) right now!
btw this is Emily (I am sure you guessed already)
Post a Comment