Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mark your calendar.

We finally have the real official date of our c-section scheduled. *** DEC 13 *** We will actually be going into the hospital the night of Saturday Dec 12 to receive an IV treatment of magnesium sulfate. (It takes 12 hours) It has been shown to prevent cerebral palsy in pre-term births. Although we'll be delivered at 37 1/2 weeks, which isn't really pre-term. Then, Sunday morning about 10:30, they'll start the surgery.
I am glad to have a date. We are all excited to get this little girl here into our family. But I'm a little discouraged that her birthday will be so close to Christmas. No offense to any of you December birthdays out there - it just seems to me like having a birthday close to Christmas would really suck. anyway....the countdown begins. today is exactly three weeks away.

Along with our new time line, I'll have to announce the end of the limited time offer for illustrated family portraits. If you haven't sent me pictures to work from yet, I won't be able to do anything until after the new year when we're settled into our new normal life again. Those of you who have given me pictures, I'll have just enough time to finish your drawings before the baby arrives. Thanks for all the business. I've been surprised by the response, and hope you all have enjoyed your pictures.

3 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

Can't wait Sue!!! We need to have one last girls breakfast/lunch/dinner before she comes!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck with everything Sue! Do you have a name picked out yet? I'll be thinking of you and hoping all goes well :)

Unknown said...

Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay! Let me know what I can do to help! Are my parents watching the kids?