Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Twinkle Toes.

Emma went to her first dance class today! She was so excited, and so was I. A dance studio close to our house decided to offer a special needs class. It is free, and they even have a "Shadow" (a helper) for each little girl. One of the young women in our ward volunteered to be Emma's shadow. She's my new favorite person! The first thing Emma did when she got home was to fix her name tag by putting a princess sticker on it. :) The teachers were GREAT with the kids. She'll get to wear a pretty costume and dance in the recitals too. This is going to be such a wonderful experience for Emma. Thank Heaven for people who are willing to reach out to those with special needs.


2 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so exciting for Emma! I'm glad she had a good time. I can't wait to see her at the recital!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! Yay for Emma :)