Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Good Intentions.

You can tell by looking at me that I'm not the running type. But a few months ago, when I saw an advertisement for a 'girls only' 5k walk/run, I got some sort of wild hair and decided that I was going to do it. I've seen the billboards and e-mail videos of the guy pushing his son in a wheelchair for marathons. I thought to myself "I could do that." I could push Emma and Mary and do the walk. It would be an incredible wonderful thing just to do something. Get out of my comfort zone and conquer....Of course, I still had my moments of not really being sure. Wondering if I was crazy to do such a thing, if I really had it in me to do it. More so because of the comfort zone thing than anything. I flirted with the idea of backing out, and didn't even register because they said you could do that the day of the race.

Well, the day of the race came. And still apprehensive about it, I forced myself to go. I got up early, I got both my girls ready. I drove an hour, and when I got there this is what I found:


Symbolically speaking anyway. I wasn't really locked out. But I got there and they told me it was too late to register. I felt terrible and defeated. We walked around looking for my sister and nieces who all came from out of state to race with me. (they pre-registered) But we couldn't find them, so we stood at the start line and watched the race begin, then turned around and went back home. So much for my good intentions. Maybe I'll be brave enough to do something proactive another day. At least I tried right?

2 comments:

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

OOPS! I commented on the wrong one. I say you get an A for effort!