Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ahhhh......




[Big sigh of relief] I made it through the semester. I won't comment on my grades, but I will say that I am now, all about taking care of myself. (recuperating)

My house is in a horrific state. Usually, I go gung ho and burn myself out. But, this time, I'm trying to avoid that crash and burn by pacing myself. So, everyday I spend a little bit of time cleaning, and a little bit of time doing something to bring me joy. I've been drawing, playing the piano, I've tried out my new sewing machine, and today - I even took a walk! (applause!) and best of all, I've been getting lots of good snuggle time with my kiddos.

I've got so many projects I want to do. life is good. life is exciting.

I've been inspired by lots of creative blogs. One is the frosted gardner. It's a husband wife team who refinish furniture into cute shabby chic things. I just love a good before/after picture - don't you? They have lots of fun links on their blog to other fun sites. marta writes is a fun one. I also love 'how does she'.com and etsy has hours worth of creative browsing. I'm on the search for new sites though. What are your favorites?

3 comments:

Nora Mair said...

Yea on finishing school my dear. I love you header--so perfect.

Nora Mair said...

I love your header--and upon reflection it's not a header but a bathrobed beauty relaxin'. And you should after making in through the Klingon class.

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats on making it through the semester! You definitely deserve some relaxation :)