Tuesday, June 21, 2011

March Birthdays

Aiden had his 9th birthday at the beginning of March. We threw him a "top secret" party - so top secret that he didn't even know about it! His friends from the neighborhood came and put on their 'disguises' to jump out and yell "Surprise!" then Aiden had to guess who they all were. We played several other spy games and had a great time. It was so much fun.


Emma's Birthday came a couple of weeks later. Being as busy as I was with school and worn out from both Bub and Aiden's birthdays - I took the easy route and went to Build - a - bear for the party. We invited her friends from church and they each got to build a bear. They loved it.

I have never done a 'go somewhere' party before. And I have to say that it wasn't as great as I expected. It was nice not to have to do a lot of work, or clean up. But, I realized that all the effort I put into their parties is such a labor of love for me, that having someone else do all the work made me feel like it wasn't much of a gift for her. does that make sense? Also, Build-A-Bear lets you choose a price limit for the bears that will be built. I went on the cheap side, which meant the girls could choose one of two animals, and one article of clothing. Of course the store is full of animals dressed to the hilt, so when the girls started dressing their bears, they wanted whole outfits. The attendant kept telling them to ask me if they could get more, and it was awkward telling them 'no'. Though the party was a success - I wouldn't do it again. Just a few thoughts for anyone wanting to do a build - a -bear party.

No comments: