Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ashland with the Sisters

I just got back from spending a week in Ashland Oregon with my sisters.   I've decided that all postcards and scenic calendars come from Oregon.  It was beautiful.  As I was leaving, Aiden brought me his little toy 'jawa' to remember him by.  So I carried it with me and we took pictures of it everywhere we went.  We stayed at my sister Melody's house.  Her property used to be an alpaca farm, so it's got a lot of wide open space.  Just out the back door was a red tailed hawk who screamed at us every time we went outside.  It did get used to us after a few days.  One of my sisters saw it fly by carrying a large snake back to her nest to feed her babies.  Another night, we were spied on by a pair of little foxes who crept up on the back porch and peeked in the window.  We visited crater lake, and all got tattoos. Rub on of course.  Melody found them between the couch cushions.  They were Charlotte's Web.  We each got a spider's web that said: "radiant", "humble", "terrific", or the one I got: "Some Pig" :)   It was a fun week full of shopping and bonding.  But it's oh so nice to be home with my babies and my darlin' again.  Bub did a great job at being Mr. Mom, and I am truly appreciated as the domestic goddess that I am! 

4 comments:

Janet said...

fun collage. it was lots of fun! too bad i missed out on the tatoos.

Steoger's said...

Glad you got away. I got away last week too! Check out my blog. Oregon is really one of my most favorite places ever.

Rencher Fam said...

What beautiful pictures Sue-looks like it was a wonderful place to visit!

Rachael said...

Wow! Sounds like a fun trip! I love girls' weekends! They can give you an extra boost!