Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Emma's Dance Recital

At the deaf school, Emma's preschool has a dance class every week.  A couple of weeks ago, they performed in a dance recital.  She was so excited to wear a leotard and a tutu.  With help from her aide Tammy, she got to dance like a butterfly in one dance, and like an octopus (tie dye) in another dance.  I never thought I'd see my little girl dance, and I bawled through the whole thing.  She LOVED it.  We brought a little bouquet of purple flowers to give her at the end, and even still, if you ask her if she was the star of the show, she'll tell you she was. 

We took videos of her dances, but I couldn't figure out how to post a video on a blog.  It wouldn't work.  If anyone knows how, I'll try again......but for now, you'll just have to look at these pictures. 

4 comments:

Steoger's said...

So fun and sweet! I bet that was such a great moment for you and Emma.

Rencher Fam said...

I think that I say this about every picture of Emma but I can't help it-SHE'S BEAUTIFUL! Glad it was such a fun day for her!

Janet said...

she is such a cutie! it looks like she truly was the star of the show.

Rachael said...

Emma looks so beautiful! What a great activity for her to participate in while she is in school! I'm glad she had fun!