We've had the flu at our house. I can only assume that it's not the swine flu because none of us have died yet. We've all taken our turn at spewing from both ends and wishing to die -- with the exception of Bub, who may be coming down with it today.
Here's where my act of heroism comes in.
Last night, was Aiden's turn in misery. He threw up (and the other thing from the other end) all through the night. The unfortunate thing is that unlike usual, I slept last night. I did not hear, nor jump up at every peep and murmur from the kids. As a 7 year old who never gets sick, Aiden did the best he could. Every time he puked (or the other thing) he moved to a different spot. I don't mean a different spot in his bed, I mean a different spot around the house. From his bed, to the floor, to the dog's bed, to my floor, with stops in every bathroom along the way. I woke up this morning to various puddles EVERYWHERE! To my credit as a mother who is still sick with the same infliction -- I CLEANED IT ALL!!! and only threw up about 5 times myself because of it. I SO earned a medal today. I'm very proud of myself.
There are no pictures with this post for obvious reasons.

4 comments:
You definitely earned a medal! I'm so sorry that you guys have been so sick Sue! I hope you all get feeling better soon!
Oh no!!! Get better soon!!
Wow you really deserve a medal because I would have screamed and yelled my brains out! what a nice mommy you are.
Yuk! I hate being sick! I hate it when kids are sick! It's especially bad when it is the stomach flu! You totally deserve a medal. I probably would have called a cleaning service!
Post a Comment