About two weeks ago, we returned from a road trip to San Diego. Our niece Allie, who lives there got baptized. It was fun to get together and see our families there. It gave us a good chance to break in the new van and to see my sister as well.Of course, you can't go to San Diego without visiting the sites and doing something fun. We went with all the cousins to the Cabrillo National Monument & Point Loma lighthouse. The kids really enjoyed being with their cousins as well as Grandma and Grandpa and Great Grandma Cardwell.
We spent a day with our little family at Sea World, where we saw Shamu, and both kids got to pet and feed the dolphins.
I think the highlight of the trip was staying at my sister Melody's house. Not only is she a super fun sister, but we swam in her pool, and visited her many pets. She has horses, chickens, cats, and an African Dessert Tortoise named "Indiana George" who Aiden has fallen in love with. He is working towards earning his own tortoise who he'd like to name "Indiana Luke" (like Luke Skywalker)
Aiden also lost a tooth on our trip. Although he waited till we got home to put it out for the tooth fairy.
Now it's onto cramming whatever we can into the last 2 1/2 weeks left of summer, and getting ready for school. I can't believe the summer is nearly over already! Where did all the time go?

4 comments:
Cute pictures Sue! Looks like you had a fun time.
Fun! I still wish SOOO bad that I could have come with you guys! I always miss out on the fun stuff!
That's cause you NEVER COME!!! You have to be there in order to get in on the action.
Glad you went on a trip! I hope I see you soon, someday!
Post a Comment