The summer flew by and we're back to school! Aiden has started the 2nd grade at West Haven Elementary School in Mrs. Bernier's class. Emma is in her last year of Preschool at the Utah Schools for the Deaf and Blind in Jamie Robinson's class. So far, both kids are loving it. It is the first year that I didn't get teary eyed to see them go. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I have enjoyed having a quiet house to myself, and I'm trying to remember why I thought it was so hard to get things done while they were in school last year.
Poor Aiden. We did all our school shopping for him on our way home from San Diego. We stopped at the outlets in Barstow. It was 116 degrees outside that day. We were all feeling hot and sluggish and not in the mood to shop. We didn't try on anything. When he put on his new school clothes - THEY WERE HUGE! We cinched up the pants as best we could with a belt, but they only did so much. His shirt practically came to his knees! We're going to have to do some remedial shopping this weekend. hee hee. At least they're too big instead of too small. Perhaps we have next years shopping done already.
Aiden also has a purple pencil box. When we did our shopping for school supplies, Aiden chose a pencil box with a blue lid, and Emma chose a purple one. She didn't need one, but she wanted one, and for .99 I got one for her. Monday morning, when we pulled out the school supplies, we couldn't find the blue box. Only the purple one. Aiden was a little distraught, and reluctantly took it to school anyway. I promised him I would go to the store and get a blue one for him. So, I started at Target. They didn't have any pencil boxes left at all. Next stop: Walmart. They had a bunch of boxes left, but every single last one of them was purple or pink. When he got home, I broke the news to him thinking he'd be upset. To my surprise, he said "Actually, I decided that I kind of like the purple one, because it's the same color as Mace Windu's lightsaber." So- good for him. All is well that ends well.
Hope your back to school adventures are good ones!

5 comments:
Love that Aiden went for the purple box! All that hard work for him too! You are an AWESOME mom! Hoping all is well in your world.
cute pictures! they look so grown up...it hasn't been that long since we saw you, has it?
poor Aiden and his huge t-shirt! They both look so cute though!
BTW this is Emily!
Your forwards about mothers was hilarious! You are just amazing--way to go back to school. I agree that the the summer flew by!
Post a Comment