Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I might have some domestic skills in there somewhere....




One of my 'must haves' for a newborn is the infamous "boppy" We got one when Aiden was born. Not only is it a great nursing pillow, but we soon learned from his therapists, that it's great for helping your baby to sit in different positions and build their muscles. It quickly became something we couldn't live without.
That same boppy survived Aiden, but was falling apart by the time Emma came along. I stitched it up and patched it more times than I can count. The fabric holding it all together was practically in shreds. So - we bought a 'cover' to put over it and hold all the insides in.
Now that it is time to pull out the old boppy for #3, it looks like our old friend is ready to give up the ghost. Looking in the stores, boppies are a lot more expensive than they used to be. As much as I love it, I don't want to pay $50 for one with some fancy designer cover. "Naked" boppies are $30 - which is still a lot in my mind, but it's better than $50.
I am not a seamstress. Let me repeat, I am not a seamstress.
I went to homemaking a couple months ago and learned how to make pillowcase dresses. They are SO easy! It boosted my confidence. So- I got the crazy idea to take apart our old nasty boppy cover and try to make a new one. From looking at it, it seems to have turned out okay. I'm extremely proud of myself. I just have to get the actual boppy now so we can try it on! Hooray for me!


1 comment:

Rencher Fam said...

Yay Sue!! I can't believe that its getting so close. It was fun to hear Aiden's voice on the phone last night. Boys are so matter of fact on the phone and show no emotion-it's always so funny to me to hear Grant talk on the phone to his friends. Was Aiden doing a survey for homework or something? Anyway..you are one talented girl!