Thursday, October 15, 2009

Illustrated Family Portraits


A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to illustrate a family portrait of our neighbors & friends the Parrishes. It was a really fun project and I was happy to be able to do it for such a fun little family. Since that time, I've found out that other people are interested in having their families illustrated too. I always worry about projects like that because I don't think my characters look much like the actual people. But, I've decided to give it a try. So......

I am now offering Custom Illustrated Family Portraits

for a limited time.....I've only got about 6 weeks till the baby comes. :)
PRICING:

8x10 original illustration
$10 base fee for labor and supplies
plus $5 for each figure in the drawing, including pets
*this includes a cd with a digital scan of your drawing

"photo" Christmas Card with your illustration $10

blog banner with your illustration $10

HOW IT WORKS:
You give me photos of the people and pets you'd like in the drawing. Any kind of photo to show me what you look like and what color your eyes are. You can also tell me what kind of background you'd like, clothing you want to be wearing, any props or objects you'd like, etc.

I'll aim for a one week turn around, but I'll guarantee a two week turn around. All your photos will be returned with your finished product.

5 comments:

DA pages said...

Sue! I love it! Such a great idea! I think that I might have you do it for Ryan and I!

Steoger's said...

I love that! Would there be a way to have you do that and then I could get a whole bunch of christmas cards made up with the pic on them? Let me know. By the way, please read the book because I want you to come to book club!

Kristyn said...

I LOVE IT,and I want one! Should I just email you?

Unknown said...

Please tell me you are still doing this! I saw Nora's Christmas Card and I would love to have an illustration of my family. Please email me at marisa.johnson@gmail.com and let me know!

~marisa

Jade said...

You are so talented! I LOVE this and would love to have you draw my family. I am a friend of Nora's and she gave me your blog. I know your post is from awhile back but if you are going to do this again after your baby let me know. My email is jade.jade@hotmail.com. Thanks! Jade