This is the picture that Aiden took and entered into the Reflections contest. I have been wanting Aiden to participate in Reflections since he started school. I always had such good experiences with it when I was young. I thought it would be a great self-esteem builder for him, but he's never had any interest in it. This year, I schemed a little. I tried to think about what he might like to do. I pulled out my old point and shoot digital camera. I gave him a quick 5 minute lesson on how to use it, then set him loose in the neighborhood. He had a lot of fun and took a lot of pictures. I was so excited thinking that he would be excited to enter the reflections contest now.... NOT! He still had no interest. I tried to get him to pick out a favorite picture from the photos he took. He kind of liked a few, but wasn't interested enough to really pick. So, I went to Walmart and got 8x10 prints of two of his favorites that I thought were especially good. When he saw them printed out, he smiled a little and finally agreed to enter one in the contest. The next morning, we took it to the school office and filled out the papers. One of the questions asked how his entry fit the theme of "Beauty is...." He said "I really like hot wheels." so that's what I wrote on the paper. :) I was so excited and proud of him for participating. That's not the end though - last week he brought his entry home, with a blue ribbon on it! He was so excited and proud of himself! He said: "I am so entering that contest next year!" I love to see my boy succeed and feeling good about himself. For once, a parenting victory. (picture me doing the happy dance) Hooray for Aiden!

1 comment:
Great job aiden!!
Post a Comment