Saturday, June 19, 2010

i am happy.

5 years ago, i was *blessed* to be able to purchase a power mac G5. It is a wonderful and glorious machine that i can only say i LOVE. It looks so pretty and sleek, and has such nice little icons and easy red, yellow and green buttons- that make sense to a brain like mine! In all that time, Bub has been through 2 (or is it 3?) laptops, and I've never had a problem with my mac. Never had a virus, or anything that the little 'help' button in my menu bar couldn't walk me through. well, except the day i accidentally deleted all the fonts on my system....no problem though. i just made a phone call to apple care and a friendly person on the other end of the phone told me which buttons to push, and miraculously - all my fonts were recovered. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. Needless to say, i am a mac girl. whole heartedly.

i have been wanting to upgrade some of my system lately, but have discovered that i bought my mac 6 months too soon. It doesn't have intel inside and therefore isn't compatible with the upgrades. i have been heartbroken about this because right now in life, i can't afford a to replace my beloved mac.

or so i thought....

i was ecstatic when i saw the billboards for a new mac store in the layton hills mall. (30 minutes closer to me than the one in Salt Lake.) And last night Bub and i went there, and by talking to an associate found out that the new system I've been dreaming of is closer within my reach than i thought. It actually might be doable! and they even have a trade in program so i can get some money from my old mac put towards a new one! I am in seventh heaven! wahoo!

what can I say? i LOVE MAC.

2 comments:

Mel said...

All I can say is "ditto". Seriously, mac is the only way to go. :)

Jordan said...

We have 2 Mac laptops, a desktop and iphones. I completely agree and understand.