Sunday, October 14, 2012

I love pinterest....and Halloween.


I'm addicted. I admit it.  I love pinterest.  If you have never looked at pinterest, you really should.  I saw these cute 'pins' of Halloween decorations on pinterest, and tried to make my own.





This is how mine turned out.  The pictures above used manikin legs & pool noodles to make their witch legs.  I used Mary's legs.  I first wrapped her legs in saran wrap, then wrapped them with clear packaging tape. Then I cut the tape off.  It held the shape of her cute little legs.  So I stuffed them with all the old plastic grocery sacks filling up my pantry, and stuck them on some dowels into an urn with a little moss on top.  Mary gets such a kick (get it: a kick!) out of seeing her legs on our porch.  Every time we come home from somewhere, she says "Look! I see my silly legs!"  
 
 The sign says "Ding Dong the witch is dead"  Aiden read it and said "I don't get it."  Then I realized that the Wizard of Oz isn't the same to his generation as it was to mine.  Don't you remember getting so excited every year when it came on TV? 


And according to Aiden, our Halloween decorations are never scary enough.  I was really getting into the witch theme, and feeling pretty pleased about my pinterest creations.  But, Aiden really wanted something scarier.  So, we went to Walmart, and got a bag of bones.  We added a skull to the "Witch is dead" sign, and I was inspired by this post on pinterest as well.
 

 Here's how my attempt turned out.  My bag of bones didn't come with as many bones as the original, but I think it turned out pretty well.  I just hope all the hot glue holding it together won't melt in the sun. 





Happy Halloween to you all!  Go have fun and make some decorations of your own. :)

No comments: