Tuesday, October 16, 2012

who knew?



I have learned the hard way that iphones and an entire bottle of detangling spray don't mix.  My little Mary is a mischeivious two year old. That, I already knew.

My dear Bub is a gadget guy.  And while I'm more into a fist full of colored pencils than I am gadgets, I have appreciated the benefits of his enthusiasm.  About a year and a half ago I go my first iphone.  It's a 4.  It's not fancy, but it does the basics of a smartphone.  While I've really liked my phone, I never realized how dependent I've become on it.  Nor did I realize how much I'd miss it when a two year old dumped a bottle of detangler on it. I keep laughing at myself.  I had to make a deposit at the bank yesterday and panicked for a moment when I realized that my only calculator was on my iphone.  Then I remembered that I know how to do addition by myself and felt silly. Countless little things like that have popped up, and after nearly a week without my phone, I'm really missing it.  All of my appointments & calendar were on it, all my 'to do' lists, and reminders, not to mention all my phone numbers and addresses were all on it.  I feel like I'm at a total loss.  

We are trying to figure out the cheapest solution.  (ha ha - there's no such thing as cheap when it comes to an iphone) In the meantime, I'm using our cheap-o flip phone that we have at home for the kids & babysitters etc. It's a far cry from a smart phone, and while I was at one time perfectly content  with it, I cannot stand it now.  I don't know how to text anymore because I have to push each button a hundred times to get to the letter I need & it drives me crazy!  I just can't do it!  

I've become a smart phone snob......I love it and hate it all at the same time.

What would you do with out your favorite technology?


No comments: