Emma got her hearing aids today! As you can see, she chose purple. When she first got them in and we made a few sounds for her, she got so excited! If you know her, you've seen the way she convulses her whole body into nearly jumping out of her wheelchair. She did that. When the audiologist left the room for a moment, she kept saying "Da Doo" (Thank You) over and over again. I'm not really sure if it's because he gave her the box to play with, or if she was grateful for the gift of hearing. I like to believe it's the latter. She seems to be happy, but pulls them out of her ears every chance she gets. The aids came with lots of neat contraptions. One in particular I think we'll be using: it's a little cord that hooks from the hearing aids to the back of her shirt, in case they come out, they wont be lost. Kind of like a binki teather or chums for your sunglasses.I took her to target afterwards just to walk up and down the toy isles and push all the buttons on the noisy toys. She had fun with that. Later, for family night we read a story about a little boy getting hearing aids (the book came with her hearing aids) Daddy let her listen to the music boxes he got her for Christmas and her birthday last year, and Aiden pushed the buttons on his talking Star Wars toys for her.
We are excited for Emma and her new adventure!

10 comments:
How exciting for all of you, but especially for Emma! And just in time to go to Disneyland too! What an exciting month!
This is great news. Thanks for sharing her excitement!
Yay Emma!!!
So excited for you.
I didn't realize that Emma had hearing problems. I feel so bad that I am so not aware of your situation. Congrats to Emma! I probably already told you, but I know sign language if you ever need any tips.
Sue I am soo excited for Emma and you and bub and aiden! I can't wait to see emma and let her hear my voice better! I couldn't help but cry when I saw the blog! Yay!
are you sure that's not just the pregnancy hormones getting to you? :) (congratulations Em!)
Abby will be jealous of Emma's purple accessories! Every girl needs a little bit of purple blink in her life, right! Go Emma! Good taste!
Yay!!! I am so excited for Emma. I love that she kept saying Thank you. What a sweetheart!
Hip Hip Emma! Be sure and tell her that Tess says hello! She thought the purple was just fabulous! You're such a special Mom Susan, I really admire the strength you show with each of Emma's hurdles. She is blessed to have you!
Sushi
That's the coolest thing ever!!
Duck
Post a Comment