Saturday, November 8, 2008


Okay, I got this months ago. (sorry cheree!) And I'm finally just getting around to doing it.
I'm supposed to tell you seven random things about me, so here goes.
  1. I love my 'blankie'. I got it when I was born, and slept with it every night. I used to hide it in my pillow case, or in the foot of my sleeping bag when I went on sleep-overs with friends. I even took it on my mission. I slept with it every night of my life, up until the day I got married. Then I got something better to snuggle up to. :)
  2. I was once banned from Kentucky Fried Chicken.
  3. I like to read the tabloid headlines while standing in line at the grocery store, but I've never actually picked one up to read.
  4. (some of you know this already) I'm double jointed all over my body, and can do creepy freak-show type tricks. Once in college, I performed in an institute version of Saturday Night Live doing 'stupid human tricks', but I was so embarrassed that I did it, that afterwards when anyone asked me about it, I told them they must have confused me with someone else.
  5. I've never had a cavity.
  6. I want to go to Nantucket. I saw a show about it on the travel channel (which I never even watch!) and it sounded so neat, I've wanted to go there ever since. It has real cobblestone streets, lined with cute colonial houses turned into fancy shops. There is a place on one of the beaches where the arctic and atlantic oceans meet. The waves crash against each other perpendicularly to the beach. You can go 'lobstering' with a fisherman, and have a picnic in a lighthouse. (all the lighthouses are computerized now, so they don't have anyone living inside them.) It all sounds so fascinating, and looked so charming to me!
  7. I am wife to one. Mother to three. sister to eight. Aunt to twenty-one. And Great-Aunt to six.
and now, I tag: Jen, Trudy, Rebecca, Nora, Ellen,Emily,Jeanne, Rachael, Shelly, Teresa and Liz.

5 comments:

Faires Bears and Toads said...

Love the blankie thing. I did the same thing. Mine didn't go on the mission because I was afraid that it would fall apart. It was with me on the birth of my first two kids too. Now it is preserved(what is left of it) in a small sandwich baggie! Love your blog!

Rencher Fam said...

i want to hear more about KFC....

Rebecca said...

Great aunt? I thought you had to be like 70 to be a great aunt. Cool!

tiptoe mama said...

not if you come from a large mormon family. :)

Steoger's said...

The double-jointed story made me laugh out loud and I had to tell Sam about it! i hope you get to go to Nantucket someday. And i want to do this tag, but it may be after November.