
Look what pulled up in front of our house Monday Morning.

Bus Driver Bill, and his wife Nancy came to get Emma.

Emma's school bus has a special door that opens up and lowers to the ground like an elevator.

When it gets all the way to the ground, we wheel her on it and lock the brakes on her wheelchair. Then Bill pushes a button that makes the Elevator lift Emma up into the Bus. Nancy unlocks the brakes and wheels Emma to her spot in the bus.

When she's inside, they lock her brakes again and use a special seat belt to hold Emma's wheelchair in the bus. Emma loves to ride the bus to her new Preschool at the Utah School for the Deaf and Blind in Ogden.
Mommy misses her, and lays in the fetal position until she gets back home. :)
9 comments:
I didn't know Emma was starting a new preschool! How exciting! That looks like a pretty cool bus. She looks so happy!
She is such a big girl, but so little all at the same time. I will never forget each first time I put my kiddos on a new yellow bus.
Susan, that is so exciting for her and scary for you. :) I studied sign language in college and learned a little about that school. Is she learning sign language?
That looks like a great bus. I know it's hard to send her there, at least that's what you indicated before. I won't pretend to know how you feel. But I think it will all work out. She's so lucky to have you as a mother.
What a cutie Sue! I love her smile.
Ah, it's so hard to send the little ones on a bus. How is she doing? How are you doing? Is she still going to the other preschool? I tried to ask Ethan, but he kept giving me contradicting answers.
Sue!!! Emma's bus is totally pimped out! I mean, who else gets to ride a bus to school retro fitted with neon glowing lights! :) Okay, silly me, I know their just the reflectors on the bus, but wouldn't that be sweet if her bus really DID have neon lights and maybe a disco ball rotating in the center? By the way, Emma's smile could melt ice. I just love her!
i love your sweet emma! yay for new wheels...and did you know that you are the one that turned me on to celia? thanks, i LOVE her!
Emma goes to the deaf school all day, everyday except Fridays. On Friday morning, she goes to her old preschool with Miss Barbara. Friday afternoons, we'll go to USDB with her for one on one therapy sessions.
Actually, the bus is pimped out. Bill and Nancy decorate it for every season. Right now, there is a big yellow smiley face on the front grill. They have little clingy snowflakes and snowmen in the windows, and each child has their picture posted above their seat. It's a good set up. Emma LOVES it.
Post a Comment