Tuesday, January 19, 2010

can't help falling in love....




We are all falling so in love with our new little Mary Anna!

We've been so grateful for such nice friends and family bringing us dinners and gifts for the baby. Thank you everyone!

The other night, Aiden said some pretty funny things. We were eating a dinner brought to us by some nice friends and I asked Aiden, "Do you know who's Mom made this?" He thought for a minute then said "Red Haired Emma?" I said "Yes! How did you know?" He pointed to the red sauce on the chicken enchiladas and said "It's Red." so I asked "Do you think that's where Emma gets her red hair?" "Yup"

During that same meal, he ate the chocolate chip cookies they made too. "mmmmm." he said, "I like the way they do their cookies! They cook better than you!" I kind of laughed a little and said "You think so, huh?" then he looked at me like he'd been caught doing something wrong, and said, "Well, at least as good as you." That made me laugh even harder on the inside. I'm glad he's thinking about the things he says. Some adults (including myself) don't always do that!

So, thank you to the Parrish Family who cook -better than or at least as good as me - we really enjoyed your meal. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aiden's a crack-up- Too funny! Love the crossed-eyed little princess picture! What a cutie-pie :)

DA pages said...

I love Aiden! He always just cracks me up! I love Emma too! She loves being a big sister! I want a copy of little Mary Anna! I already miss holding her!

Rachael said...

LOL. That is too cute! I'm glad that Aiden enjoyed the cookies. I read Emma your blog and she laughed about the enchilada sauce remark. I'm so sorry I couldn't bring it over! I wanted to see MaryAnna in person. She is so adorable.