wow. I just realized that it's been 10YEARS since my mission. I got on the mission website yesterday to try to track down Fran. That didn't happen, but I did run across little entries from alot of other missionaries. I've lost track of so many people I came to love so much. I came home October 10, 1997. It seems like yesterday, and yet it seems like a lifetime ago too. So many, many memories: morning walks through the grove, New York rainstorms, roadkill, Sister Parkinson's car full of frogs, oragel in the toothpaste, secret sleepovers in the sites, sleeping over in the Visitors Center at the feet of the Christus on Christmas eve, Dinners with the Canfields, Dutchie, fishing in the bass pond, P-days at the westfall chapel, tracting, tracting, and more tracting. interesting new yorkers who became cartoons, needing more miles, catching fireflies after the pageant. oh man, pageant referrals! who can dress the ugliest for district meeting? teaching discussions through conversation at dinner appointments, crazy born agains, baptists with cool rock bands in their church, John Farkas, Mt. Hope cemetery, Jack Astor's, The way President Pratt always cleared his throat every 30 seconds, waiting for the mail to come, Sister Little tackling Andrus in flag football, "suck it up" , a Christmas plant (instead of a tree), "Where did the Steeds live?" prank calls to the elders, pranks from the elders, cucumber and onion sandwiches with the Camerons, Singing with the Bullocks, Sister Coleman and her guitar, and so much more. I truly believe that serving a mission is one of the best things I have ever done. Here are some pictures from back in the day.... enjoy!
(I thought I might post a recent photo too, but realized that I only take pictures of my kids!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment