Tuesday, December 18, 2007


A quick, but heartfelt thanks to the Elks club! AGAIN! They invited us to bring the kids to their children's christmas party last Saturday, with Fifi the clown and Santa Claus.  They took such good care of us-- they even made sure that Aiden and Emma were first in line to sit on Santa's lap!  And as if they haven't been kind enough, they gave Bub, Emma, and I all elks pins to match Aidens. All of which have belonged to the...(sorry, I forgot the official title) main who-ha head honcho over the National Elks , and their wives.  Mine is real cute with a little diamond in a flower.  I'll have to post pictures later.
Also, a big thanks to Dave and Sarah who gave us their extra tickets to the coveted Kings' Singers concert on Saturday Night!  It was wonderful.  We felt lucky to get the tickets.  Thank you!

This post will be quick.  I am in the midst of the pre-holiday CHAOS!  I come up with all these great little projects for myself, and usually over-do it.  This year is no exception.  I just finished illustrating 84 frogs for an activity for Aiden's class party. (so glad to get them done in the nick of time, I didn't even take pictures for you!)  Now I am on to an illustration for Bub's christmas present(that he requested), and depending on how quickly I can get things done well, another drawing for Aiden's teacher, and two more for another secret project...and maybe cute tags for goodie plates?!...Every once in a while, people make comments like "I would love to get inside your head, just to see what goes on in there."  my answer is. "No, you wouldn't"  It's very crazy and chaotic in there.  Ideas run around faster than I can catch onto them most the time.  I picture the inside of my head to look like a hamster wheel running at hyperspeed.  Don't even try to imagine what it's like to sleep with all that going on!  I won't tell you what I've got on the drawing board (literally) for AFTER Christmas.   Happy Holidays!  I wish you all luck in surviving them.  I know I need it! :)

1 comment:

Rencher Fam said...

Yeah Sue! I was so glad to see that you got to go hear the King Singers after all! Cute Christmas art work! You are amazing!