I know it seems simple. But it's a huge deal that today Emma has learned to SAFELY get down the stairs by herself. (Yahoo!) She always works so hard. I am so proud of her. She's definitely got ideas and a personality of her own. The other night, we took her to play with her girl cousins while Bub and I went to a meeting. I told her where she was going, and she very adamantly pointed towards her closet over and over. So, I carried her over. Once there, she grabbed at her fanciest skirt. I asked her, "Do you want to wear your skirt to Hannah & Ava's house?" she said "Ya." then, with the same system of pointing to communicate, she picked out an entire outfit for herself. It all matched too! I set her on the floor so I could get a pair of tights out of her drawer, and she scooted over to her closet and grabbed a pair of pretty Sunday shoes to match the outfit. She loves to play with Hannah and Ava. Their house is a girl's paradise for Emma. They have all sorts of pretty girly toys and dolls to play with and a great big dress up box full of dainty princess dresses and fairy wings. I think that's why she wanted to wear a dress-to all ready be dressed up like a princess. Sometimes it's hard to be Emma's mother. I love her so much ,and I know she's a smart normal kid on the inside who wants her body to work so she can get down and do all the things every other little girl does. I get too tenderhearted. Hannah and Ava are always so good to Emma. They nearly fight over her. She loves every minute of it too. Hannah is big enough to hold her up and help her walk a little, so they help her to do everything they do. To them, she is no different than any other little girl. She gets to entirely be a part of everything. She doesn't get that kind of acceptance and treatment from any other kids. I know she loves it, and I do to. Thanks Hannah and Ava. You are good friends. (this picture is Hannah giving Emma a hug after her dance recital.)
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Emma's Decent....
I know it seems simple. But it's a huge deal that today Emma has learned to SAFELY get down the stairs by herself. (Yahoo!) She always works so hard. I am so proud of her. She's definitely got ideas and a personality of her own. The other night, we took her to play with her girl cousins while Bub and I went to a meeting. I told her where she was going, and she very adamantly pointed towards her closet over and over. So, I carried her over. Once there, she grabbed at her fanciest skirt. I asked her, "Do you want to wear your skirt to Hannah & Ava's house?" she said "Ya." then, with the same system of pointing to communicate, she picked out an entire outfit for herself. It all matched too! I set her on the floor so I could get a pair of tights out of her drawer, and she scooted over to her closet and grabbed a pair of pretty Sunday shoes to match the outfit. She loves to play with Hannah and Ava. Their house is a girl's paradise for Emma. They have all sorts of pretty girly toys and dolls to play with and a great big dress up box full of dainty princess dresses and fairy wings. I think that's why she wanted to wear a dress-to all ready be dressed up like a princess. Sometimes it's hard to be Emma's mother. I love her so much ,and I know she's a smart normal kid on the inside who wants her body to work so she can get down and do all the things every other little girl does. I get too tenderhearted. Hannah and Ava are always so good to Emma. They nearly fight over her. She loves every minute of it too. Hannah is big enough to hold her up and help her walk a little, so they help her to do everything they do. To them, she is no different than any other little girl. She gets to entirely be a part of everything. She doesn't get that kind of acceptance and treatment from any other kids. I know she loves it, and I do to. Thanks Hannah and Ava. You are good friends. (this picture is Hannah giving Emma a hug after her dance recital.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Sue! Those are the sweetest pictures. Emma sure is growing up...I love that she picked out the outfit all by herself. How fun to have dresses and all of the cute girly things around! We don't see too much of that around here!
Congratulations Emma! That is so awesome that she can go down the stairs, she is so cute!
Post a Comment