Saturday, January 5, 2008
New Year, Clean Slate......
Happy New Year! It always seems so weird to me to start a new year and write a new date. 2008 now. It's weird. I can't believe I'm old enough to remember thinking as a child about 'The year 2000' and how it seemed so far off in the future, it sounded like the space age or something. Then, I remember when it was announced that the winter Olympics would be hosted by Salt Lake in the year 2002. I remember thinking, "Wow, I'll be home from my mission by then. Probably married and have a couple kids...." I was somewhat right. I did not marry the one I imagined at that time. Got someone much better for me. and as for the kids....I had one angel baby by then, and was walking on egg shells being pregnant with Aiden. Funny how life turns out. Usually a little bit different than we expect, but wonderful just the same. Now, here it is 2008. I've never thought about 2008 in particular, so I don't have any real expectations. I've never been one for resolutions. The beginning of the school year always seems so much more like a new year and a new start for me. But, I tend to set goals for myself whenever I want to. So there's never been any real drive for me to make resolutions. This year is no different. I'm still working on the same goals I was working on before Christmas. (and a lot longer ago than that!) I'll admit the obvious. I'm a dreamer. I spend a lot of time in my imagination, and regularly get carried away with it. Keeping and running a household has never come naturally to me. So, most of my goals revolve around that. Lately, I've been so super busy---it's all gone to pot. Yesterday was the first time since Christmas that I've had a chance to do any housecleaning. Today, I will continue the endeavor. Then, onto laundry. My goal is to find a system that works for me to 'do it all' and I don't mean in life. I just mean in the house. I know plenty of people who are able to keep on top of getting the dishes done, preparing meals, doing laundry, and just keeping things basically picked up. So, I believe I should be able to do at least that much too. I have tried all sorts of things. Some things have worked for me, some have not. I would be interested to hear from all of you. What is your 'system' for doing it all? What kind of little tricks or tips have you learned around the house? Please comment. I need all the help I can get. Oh, and I have heard that some of you are not familiar with blogging, and don't know how to leave a comment. All you have to do, is look in the small type below the post. You'll see the date, and the word COMMENTS with a number. just click on comments and another little screen will come up and let you leave a little message. It's that easy. I'd love to hear from you all. I hope your new year and resolutions are going well. Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy New Year Sue!! I am very excited to hear the housekeeping ideas too! Someone told me that they swear by the "fly lady" I thought I might check it out. Guess what? There is a digital scrapbooking class being offered at Clearfield High? Are you still interested? I think that I might sign up for it! Call me!!
Sooz, dont you know that house work dosent matter! You have a happy family and that dosent come from a clean house. I relly enjoy your blog. I envy how you are in touch with your feelings and whats around you so you can put it into words. I have tried many times but just end up stairing into space wondering what to say. Keep up the great work and rember I love you.
Post a Comment