I always hate going to the E.R. (I talk as if we go there often. We don't. this is about our third time ever.) I worry about whether I'm being a hypochondriac mother, or if there's something actually wrong with my child. Every time we've been, we have actually needed to be there. So then my fears about worrying over nothing are put to rest. The problem is, then I worry about my sick babies!!! either way, it's not a fun experience.....Glad it's over, glad both kiddos are on the mend. Perhaps I can relax a little now too. (just don't come visit our house, cause I'm not doing any cleaning!!!!) :)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
F.Y.I.
We had another adventure last night. We have all been sick with the same nasty thing that everyone's got right now. Aiden seems to be pretty much over it - just the residual coughing and such. But Emma had a rough day yesterday, and our pediatrician sent us to the Primary Children's Emergency Room with her last night. We were there for five hours....which is a pretty average amount of time for any ER visit. We were lucky that Bub's uncle was the Nurse Practitioner on duty. He took real good care of us. (Primary's is always so good.) Her fever finally broke while we were there. They ran a bunch of tests, and gave her an IV with fluids. She perked right up, and after drinking some juice and keeping it down, we were able to bring her home, but we've got to watch her close and try to keep her hydrated. Thank Heavens for Primary Children's and Uncle Steve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so sorry about all the sickness! ER visits are not fun! I hope they get feeling better soon.
I am glad that everything is OK. Honestly-will this winter ever end?!Taylor has been throwing up for the past couple of days and Alan just called to say that he is coming home from work because he thinks he is coming down with it too-AAARRGGHHHH! Hang in there!!
PS My house isn't being cleaned either. :)
You know what, it doesn't matter how old your children get, I think it is normal to worry about them, even when they are in their twenties. I always keep in mind what Dr. Laura says, "What would you rather have, a clean house, or a home full of love"
I hope she's doing better. My kiddos have had the same crud that is going around. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
What!! Emma was in the ER! Nobody tells me these things anymore! I am soo sorry I didn't know! I am soo glad that she is ok though! I havent even looked at your blog in soo long! I am sorry! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow though! It seems like it has been forever since Ry and I have seen you guys!
Post a Comment