I haven't attempted a 'realistic' drawing in a really long time. But I sort of got in the mood after watching some drawing videos on you tube. So, last night after the kiddos were in bed, while up late watching 'Psyche' on the couch with Bub - I did this. It's got a lot of issues. But if you glance at it real quick instead of looking closely, it looks pretty good. I just thought you all might like to see my attempt at something different. At the very least, it's something to post on the blog. I'm a bit dry in the idea department these days.I was a pretty lucky girl yesterday. I got to go with two of my sisters to get a facial. My sister in law Emily is going to school to become and esthetitician. Which means she's learning how to do facials, manicures, pedicures, chemical peels, microdermabrasion-- you know all the spa stuff. I've never been a spa girl. I've only once ever had a real facial, back in college. But Emily treated me yesterday to come into her school. It was wonderful! One of the most relaxing things I've ever done. She used a chocolate mask on my face. It smelled just like fresh brownies.
My sisters also had pedicures, and I got some waxing done. It was actually quite fun and doesn't hurt nearly as much as you would imagine. I'm posting this, because Emily will be graduating in May as a 'Master Esthetitician' and she'd like to start doing waxing parties in people's homes. Sort of a traveling spa. She's got her own professional and sterile equipment to bring. Her prices are really great. She'll do an entire face for $26, cheeks for $10, lip for $7, and I can't remember what for brow, chin and nose. But it's around $7 or less. I don't like to do parties at my house, because I feel bad when only 2-3 people come and I begin wondering why nobody likes me....So, I don't want to have a waxing party unless I know somebody is genuinely interested and wants to come. Let me know if you would.

5 comments:
You are so talented Sooz! I hope your enjoyed your Chocolate mask.
As always, your artistic talent amazes me! I think your drawing was incredible! I have also never heard of a chocolate mask! Sounds yummy!
What a keepsake, Sue.
I wish I had just an ounce of your artistic talent Sue!
What a talent. Excellent job.
Post a Comment