Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Cat is out of the bag.......

You may have noticed that I haven't blogged much about myself in the last while. That's because my whole life has revolved around the fact that I am 26 weeks pregnant with a little girl and haven't been able to tell anyone about it.

Way back when Emma was born, Bub and I decided that if we ever had another one, we thought it would be so funny to not tell anyone unless they flat out ask "Are you pregnant?" After all, you've got to be really brave or really rude to ask a woman if she's pregnant. We wanted to see people squirm. I guess we're kind of cruel like that. So, the 'bet' has been on.

Slowly a few people here and there have caught on. (Aiden announced it to the primary.) But, we didn't want to give up on the game until Bub's parents knew. Even though Emma has tried to tell them several times, they still didn't seem to be picking up on it. I'm showing quite a bit, and they haven't said anything. We've been dropping hints, and still nothing. We debated about telling them, because on the one hand - neither of us wanted to lose the game, and we were really curious about just how long we could drag it on without them knowing! But, there was another part of us that's just ready to get on with things. I guess that part won out, because we told them last night. They were surprised to hear that we are nearly 7 months along.

To many of my good friends, and even my sisters who are just finding out now as well, you must know that I've been trying to get together with you so you would see me & figure it out. I've also been trying to drop hints to all of you. So I hope there are no hurt feelings.

It has been an extremely difficult pregnancy for me. I had a horrible time with morning sickness through the first trimester and most of the second. Now, my body with all it's pregnancy issues has taken the roll of tormentor. All the pregnancy related things like being tired and the aches and pains have been much worse for me in this pregnancy than any of the others. It is painful for me to walk, and nearly impossible for me to lift or carry Emma, but I am surviving. I've given myself permission to take it easy and let things go. My house is in terrible condition, but I get the basics done, so I try not to worry about the rest.

As I mentioned, we are now at 26 weeks. A scary time for us as our angel Abigail was born at 24 weeks and only lived a few short minutes. I went into the hospital on bedrest with Aiden at 25 weeks, and he was born at 26 weeks. Emma made it all the way to 36 weeks. The doctor is checking me every other week now, and doing ultrasounds nearly as often. We've had a few 'scares' with the baby that I won't go into. But so far, all is well.

Our official due date is Dec. 30th. But because of my 'issues' I have to have a c-section every time, and the doctors won't let me go past 36 weeks for fear of my uterus rupturing. So- that puts us somewhere around the end of November/beginning of December depending on how the scheduling works out. I must say I've felt lucky to be able to plan and schedule the birth of Emma and now this little girl. There's certainly a peace of mind that comes with being able to do away with 'surprises' in that area.

The kids are excited. Emma more so than Aiden. I really think he was hoping for a brother. But Emma has been ecstatic. She loves to talk to my belly and give it kisses. She puts her finger in my belly button and says 'tickle tickle' She calls it 'baby sister' and tells her "I love you baby sister!" though she is adamant that we will name her "Dora" Somehow, I don't think that's going to happen. Aiden sometimes joins in to tell baby sister about some sort of robot or bug.

All in all, we are doing well. Taking one day at a time. Surprise! :)

9 comments:

Faires Bears and Toads said...

Oh, Congratulations! Good luck!

Nicole said...

Yea!!!! This is great news. So excited for you. I'm 25 weeks right now, but it sounds like your little one will come a lot sooner than mine will. YEA! I'm glad the kids are excited, and I hope you start to feel a little bit better soon. :)

Steoger's said...

I already knew, but congratulations. I hope everything goes well for the next ten weeks. I am so excited for you and your family.

Nora Mair said...

oh how I have to comment! Yea, Yea, Yea! I'm so proud and I think you're so brave! Best of luck the next ten weeks.

The Stevens said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you and I hope and pray all goes well! Keep us posted and I can't believe that it took Mike and Mary that long! Ha, you guys are funny!

Jen said...

Well congratulations! That is so much fun and even funner that you were able to keep it a secret for so long. Hopefully we'll get to see the little one at Christmas time! Good luck and keep us posted.

Roberts Fam'ly said...

I can't believe you guys kept it a secret that long. And I can't believe Mary & Mike never picked up on the hints!! That is so funny. Good luck, you are amazing! I'm due in January so our little girls will be close in age. :)

Chelsey said...

I have been wondering about you!!! I am so glad you are 7 months! Thinking of you and hoping for the best possible everything for you!

suzanne said...

Congrats- such wonderful news for you. I am sure he will provide and your new little girl will add a special sweet spot to your family. Best of luck.

Suzanne, www.specialneedsmom.com