



I'm trying out a new hobby. I'm doing my first "Artist Trading Card" swap. Artist Trading Cards are original pieces of art that artists make and trade with each other. The official size of an ATC is 2.5" x 3.5" - the same size as a baseball card. Apparently, it's an international 'movement'. (I've never been part of a movement before.) Back in 1996, some fancy artist in Switzerland made 2500 small paintings as part of his exhibition. At the end of the show, he encouraged others to make small pieces of art to trade for one of his. It caught on, and has become an international thing - mostly artists trading through the mail.
So- I signed up for my first swap and have made 4 cards along the swap theme of "Witches, Cats & Pumpkins" I will send them off to the swap hostess who happens to live in Canada. When she gets all the cards, she will divy them out and send one from each artist back to me. So far, it's been fun. I'm not sure yet if I'll do it again. It probably depends on how much fun it is to get art back in the mail. We'll see. These are the cards I made. Each swap is different, and tells you how many cards to make. This one is three for three, meaning that I send three and get three back. There is a fourth one because they also say that it's good etiquette to send an extra card or some art supplies to the hostess of the swap.

4 comments:
Those are really good Sooz! I like how festive they are!
Those are GREAT! I'm so in the mood for Halloween now...and cooler weather! What a fun hobby! It would be fun to see what you get back!
Darling Sue! You need to sign up for "So you think you have talent"!
That is really cool.
Post a Comment