Hello everyone. It's so nice to hear all your comments and to feel loved by so many with our new arrival. As with all kids at our house, life is an adventure.
The baby and I are at home now after her spending one day in the NICU, one day in an intermediate nursery and one day in my hospital room with me. We thought we were scott-free until it was time to go home and we got results back from a bilirubin test saying that her levels were at a 15. Emma had a bad case of jaundice like that too. We had bili lights at home for her. But her levels only went up, so we ended up with her back at primary children's for several days. we've always wondered if that may have had something to do with her cerebral palsy. So, when the doctors wanted to just send us home with bili-lights....we had a lot of mixed emotions and some tough decision making to do. In the end, we are home. with bili-lights. And we hope we've made the right decision. It should seem like a minor thing compared to our past adventures with babies. But those things are in the past, and this is what we're dealing with now. It's still stressful, and we are grateful for your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure things will work out fine....it's just no fun in the meantime.
We are getting to know our little Mary Anna better. She is a sweet girl who loves to be snuggled and cuddled. But isn't afraid to let you know when she's not happy.
Aiden and Emma are both happy to have her home and have been real cute with her. Emma keeps giggling when she looks at her. I asked her if she knew the baby's name, and she shouted "Dora!" and I said, "Well, that's what you call her, but to everyone else, she has a different name. Do you know what it is?" "What" "Mary Anna". And with the all the excitement and happiness in the world, she exclaimed "I hate that name!"and kept the giggling smile on her face the whole time.
Aiden saw me nursing her and did a double take and said "What the?!!!" so I explained that these things on Mommies' chests fill up with milk when Mommies have babies, and that the babies eat from them like a bottle. He looked at me kind of unsure and said "Did I do that?" "yes," I said, "And Emma did too." He thought for a minute then said "Ew." all I could do was giggle inside myself. We're all learning new things and making adjustments to our new 'baby sister'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
hehe. Two cute stories! Good luck with everything. I am glad things are going well with the new little one. :0)
Emma's comment made me laugh out loud. I love that kids are not afraid to say what they really think. I love the name and I bet Mary loves it too. Your kids are funny.
That's hysterical! Hope you're feeling well. Zach had jaundice too, but they suggested putting him to sleep in his car seat during the day in a window. So, I would take off all of his clothes and put him in front of the window. It seemed to help, but this is winter so you might not feel comfortable with that.
Congratulations Sue!! We are so excited for you. Glad to hear everything is going well. Can't wait to see her.
Hahaha-your kids are so cute and funny! I can hardly wait to meet her!
Congrats you guys she is adorable. Aiden cracks me up kids say the funniest things! We cant wait to meet her. Hopefully we wont wait till she is one! Love ya
Post a Comment