Monday, April 13, 2009

I Wanna Be Oprah PART II

Some time ago, I posted a schpeel about wanting to be Oprah.  Perhaps you remember it.  Once or twice a year she does a show giving away all her favorite things to an un-expecting audience.  I love those shows.  I always think it would be so fun to lavishly shower a bunch of people with gifts.  So, once again, I am pretending to do that here on my little old blog, with some of my recent favorite things.   
Little miss matched socks.  They come in sets of three, and even though they don't 'match' they 'go'.  I ordered a couple sets for my sisters at Christmas time, and felt like I'd won the lottery when the cute orange polka dotted box came in the mail.  To my delight, an extra set of socks was included as a thank-you!  I love my miss matched socks.  It's so much easier to find a pair when the odds are increased with a third sock.  And they are so whimsical and fun, they just make me happy. (on their website they have super cute pajamas, baby toys, bedding, tights, and even furniture that you can draw on!)


Aqua Globes - As Seen On TV.  I have never been able to keep a single house plant alive.  I couldn't do it if my life depended on it!  So, Bub gave me these aqua-globes for Christmas as a joke.  He sure thought he was funny.  I put them to use though, and I must say they are truly a miracle!  My two house plants are not just still alive, they are thriving.  For the first time ever, I've grown new leaves on plants, and even bloomed seven blossoms on my geranium! It's just like magic.  I'm so proud :) Thank you aqua globes. 

Bub got a new iphone a couple of months ago.  Those things are really cool.  I should probably put those on my Oprah list too.  Instead I'm just listing one of the applications.  It's called 'white noise'.  It plays various droning noises like a babbling brooke, thunderstorms and rain, a cat purring etc.  I love it!  Since sometime in high school I have struggled with insomnia.  I saw a doctor about it once, but he creeped me out and I have still never dared to take any medication for it.  This white noise is a lovely way to relax, and every so often it actually works to send me soundly into a peaceful dreamland.  I've had my best naps in years thanks to this 99 cent application.
 
The neutrogena wave.  I've wanted one of these since I saw the first commercial for them about a year ago.  It's a little device that you attach a cleansing pad to, get wet, then it vibrates to clean your face.  I didn't want to pay $16 for one though.  So I waited till I saw them on sale a month or so ago.  I was hesitant to spend $12 (am I cheap?) But, finally gave in and got it.  I'm so glad I did.  What a little peice of luxury.  It is so relaxing to vibrate your face!  It just feels good.  Especially at the end of a long day - it  calms you right down.  And wow, does my face feel clean afterwards.  I love it.  It's like a dream.  Every one should have a wave.


The house fairy.  Technically, I can't officially say that she is one of my favorite things because I haven't used the program yet.  But I'm definitely in love with the idea, and I'm starting it today.  See, she works for Santa Claus.  Her website has videos for your kids to watch to teach them to clean up after themselves and keep their rooms tidy.  If parents 'set an appointment' with her, she'll sneak into your house like Santa does, but she inspects your children's bedrooms.  If they are clean, she'll leave them a surprise.  If not, you'll just see her fairy dust left behind.  It sounds like magic to me.  click here to see the introductory video for your kids, but don't forget to go back to the home page and check more of it out. 


That concludes "I Wanna Be Oprah" Spring 2009 edition.  
I hope you all enjoy your virtual goodies.  



4 comments:

Trudy said...

The house fairy...why didn't I think of that! I'm definitely going to invite her to my house. My sister gave me Aqua Globes for some holiday a year or so ago and I never got them to work. Good for you though!

Rencher Fam said...

Thanks for the house fairy idea Sue!!! I think I need an Aqua Globe too!

DA pages said...

I love those favorite things! I showed one of my friends the miss match sock at school and she went nuts over them! I haven't looked at anyone's blog in such a long time! I feel so bad that I put bub through such torcher! Those pictures are hilarious though!

Rachael said...

Let me know how well the house fairy works. It seems like you always have to think of new ideas for kids to clean up their stuff!!