Four Years ago my family started a tradition. It has quickly become one of my favorites, and I think a favorite of many others. It's called "Girls Weekend" and it's really just a big sleep over for all the girls in the family. My Sister Karyn works for Deer Valley Lodging, so she gets us a HUGE HOUSE to stay in. This year it was the Brickman home. On Friday night, we all came up and had a taco bar for dinner followed by lots of chit chat and games. Some played pool downstairs, some sat in the hot tub outside, most of us just lounged around and enjoyed the company. My niece Carlyn is in cosmetology school and gave free hair cuts. I got one--but I forgot to take a picture, so I'll have to post one later. She did a great job though. Little Emma had a BLAST playing with all her cousins. When bed time rolled around, she wasn't having ANYTHING to do with it. She threw a tantrum! She's never done that before. But she was also crying for Daddy, so I think she may have been a little homesick. I did eventually get her to sleep around 1:00 that morning.
Saturday morning started with breakfast, followed by everyone heading off into the freezing cold rain and snow to the Park City outlets for shopping. --did you know, the old navy there is not an outlet anymore? It's just a regular Old Navy store!-- What's the point of that I ask? Anywho, Emma picked out a halloween costume for herself in the Children's Place. What can I say? It was a great bargain. And she looks adorable in it, but you'll have to wait till halloween to see what it is. After shopping we all went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. Some stayed to shop more, but I hit the road. I wish I could say that Bub had as enjoyable of a time as I did, but unfortunately.....he did not.
You see, when I left home, I locked up the house, nice and tight. Forgetting entirely that Bub does not have a housekey on his key ring right now. He got off work at 9:00 and went to his parents house to get Aiden. By the time they got home, it was around 11:00. He walked all around the house trying to find a way to get in, but couldn't find one. We must have good neighbors because someone called the police. Shame on us, our drivers licenses both still say we live in Farmington. The police did however believe Bub when he told them that he lived there and was locked out. He did opt to return to his parents house for the night rather than pay and arm and a leg for the locksmith though. Poor Bub. Poor Aiden.
Life is always and adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment