Wednesday, October 3, 2007




My Goodness. Where do I start? I'm so tired. I have been trying and trying (and failing) to catch up on the house work. Every time I get something done, I turn around and something else is un-done. I'm going crazy because I've been walking Aiden to school in the mornings (when we don't have therapy) and I keep forgetting to let our lovely lab Cody, back inside before we leave. Unfortunately, he knows how to open the sliding glass door by himself. Notice I said he knows how to OPEN it. He does not know how to CLOSE it. For this reason, I have been fighting off flies all week, and they totally CREEP ME OUT!!! I'm not much of a germ-a-phobe, but when it comes to flies all I can think of is all the germs and disease. I keep spraying everything down with lysol. It still creeps me out. I HATE FLIES!!! Cody used to hunt them and eat them, but he's a little older,and a little rounder now. He tries to get them but his gut seems to keep him stuck pretty close to the ground. Poor fella.
I finished another months assignment for card exchange. The theme this time was Christmas tags. Next month will be Christmas cards. I sure am glad I have an excuse to MAKE me be creative at least once a month. Absolutely NO SUCCESS with the neighbors crafty boutique thing.....So if anybody gets a halloween plaque for christmas--don't be suprised.
Looking at the pictures posted, you may be wondering why anybody would take a picture of dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. Well, it's all part of Emma's new speech therapy. Its a system called P.E.C.S. (picture exchange communication system) In a nut shell, we take pictures of EVERYTHING and she can pick out of a book what she wants. She gives me the picture, and in return, I give her the object. We are just starting and have very few pictures, but she has caught on really quickly. It's so fun to be able to communicate with her a little bit. We had 4 therapies last week and 2 doctors appointments. We have 4 therapies this week. I wonder why I can't get caught up on the housework. I love the quote from Erma Bombeck: "HOUSEWORK, IF IT'S DONE CORRECTLY, WILL KILL YOU!"

2 comments:

DA pages said...

Sue I love the new cards you made they are so cute! I am glad I can keep up on your blog now! It's too bad cody doesn't chase the flies as much as he used to because that would probably solve your fly problem.

Susan said...

Thanks Em. and Congratulations! You are the first person to ever leave a comment on my blog!!!!! You should come make Christmas cards with me.