that our pumpkin carving would be the next adventure in our lives, but I was wrong. On Saturday, my sweet husband swept me away for a surprise weekend getaway. His parents watched the kids and we went off to Park City for a stay in a fancy hotel and a dinner for two. It was absolutely lovely! Unfortunately, because it was a surprise, I didn't have my camera to take any pictures. It's a shame because the hotel we stayed in was really beautiful, and the view out our window was a gorgeous mountain view with spectacular fall colors.
We had our 2nd annual Pumpkin Carving Party last night. It's a small and simple affair. Just family. My mother in law came with Bub's (big) little brother Steve, and his sister Emily and her husband Ryan. My sister Janet came with her husband Scott and their two girls Hannah and Ava. and my Nephew Colin came with his wife Robin and their teeny tiny new little baby Karden. I guess he's not that new. He's about 3 months old, but he was 2 months early, so he is teeny tiny and super cute. We ate soup....(I let Mary make the corn chowder)....and carved pumpkins. Grandma Mary helped Emma carve her pumpkin. She was so proud of it. She kept saying "Look!" and pointing at it to show everyone. She loved it so much, she wouldn't let me put it outside with all the rest. She cried and cried, so I brought it back in and put it back on her high chair tray so she could keep touching it and looking at it. The whole evening was simple and wonderful. Just how holidays should be.
HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sue, I found your blog through Emily's. This is so cute! It sounds like your cute family is doing well. We are having so much fun with our baby. You'll have to come check out our blog (which really needs to be updated). I hope we get to see you soon!
your cousin Kim
Post a Comment