Sunday, June 1, 2008

Before and After...


You're looking at the before and after pictures of Emma's very first haircut! It was actually 2 weeks ago, but I'm a little slow on the blogging lately. She had quite long hair--on one side. almost long hair on the other, and short hair in the back. If it wasn't in pigtails, it looked like a mess. And I can rarely get her to keep her pigtails in. So, I put it in one pony tail in the back and snipped it off. then tried to get in a little snip here and there between all the curious wiggles. It looks much nicer now that it's been evened out a little. It almost even looks like an A-line cut--thanks to the naturally short hair in the back. I think she likes it. I don't but her by putting stuff in her hair nearly as much now. Plus, it will be nice and cool for summer. I just need to get myself a haircut now.

We have kept busy. On Friday, my niece Sydnee graduated from Murray High School. (Go Spartans!) That's where I graduated from only 15 years ago! ugh. I can't believe it's been that long. It seems like just last year. I went and took the kids with me. David Archuleta was there to see his sister graduate. I didn't see him though. I stayed outside with the kids. My sister told me that he was escorted by police, and women and girls kept mobbing him. He moved around to try to get away from it all, but it just ended up causing a scene. I guess they say he's signed two record deals, and he and his family are moving to L.A. for his music career. Honestly, I was glad David Cook won. I liked Archuleta well enough. and of course I'm glad to see good things come from my hometown, but I got sick of him by the end of idol. It bugged me that he still acted surprised and overwhelmed that anyone thought he was good. There comes a point where you've just got to acknowledge that you've got a talent and graciously accept the praise. ya know? I think by the time you're in the top two of idol, you should be there. It made me feel like he wasn't very genuine.
Today, my new nephew Easton, was blessed so we missed church in our ward again for the second week in a row. As much as I enjoy being able to get someone else to teach gospel doctrine for me, I feel guilty about it too. What a mean thing to pawn off on somebody else. Apparently, last week- the guy I had asked to teach also got asked to speak in sacrament and did double duty that day! man. This week I asked my visiting teacher (you know how they always ask: Do you need anything? Is there anything we can do for you? no one ever really answers that question by saying "yes". It may even be an unwritten rule that you're not really supposed to take people up on that offer!) I think she was scared to death, and will probably hate me for the rest of my life, but she did say yes. So anyway, I'd like to do something nice for them to say thank you. Something a little more than just a card. any ideas?

1 comment:

The Roz's said...

Emma's hair looks great! She's a beauty! As for the thanks, fine out their favorite baked goodie and make it for them. That's what I like to do. Cheap and easy, yet thoughtful.