Friday, June 20, 2008

Sometimes your life takes an unexpected turn.  Mine did that recently.  And suddenly, talking (blogging) about my life, even in a casual and sometimes jovial way -- lost all it's appeal.  We've been dealing with "STUFF" and I took the opportunity to escape from reality into the world of Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" series. In 4 days I read all three books.  approximately 1800 pages.  It was a welcome vacation that I've been needing for a really long time.  And I'll probably always have a secret crush on Edward Cullen. :) I'm not usually much of a reader.  I like reading.  It's just that when I have spare time, I've usually got some project idea in my head.  Something to draw or make.   I've been invited on several occasions to join the book club in our ward.  And I always think, yeah that would be fun.  But when it comes down to it, I can't make myself read a book because I 'have to' I was that way all through high school too.  I was always in Honors English, AP English, etc.  But I'm not sure if I ever read an entire assigned book.  I was decent enough at listening to the class discussions, and b.s.ing about it in my papers.  I made it through.  Not wonderful grades, but good enough.  
I've fallen off of the fly lady wagon a little bit too.  I've still been getting up every morning, and gotten dressed 'to the shoes'.  And I've still kept my sink clear.  But the rest of the house hasn't been touched.  Although I've been flying for a few weeks I'm still really only on day 4. And since the next twilight book doesn't come out till August, I'm somewhat forced back to reality.  I just enjoyed that other world so much..... I'm in the mood to read.  Anybody know another good book? 

5 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

Sue,
I was wondering if you were out of town or something. I hope that everything is OK. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.I loved the Stephanie Meyer books too. I read them last summer when I was up in the night feeding Taylor. The boys said it was fun to see Aiden at Ryland's party. Hopefully, we can all get together soon!

Jennifer said...

You have to read The Glass Castle. It's one I read in 24 hours. You won't even believe it's a memoir and you'll feel like the best parent. It's been so fun reconnecting with you. I love reading your blog so don't give it up.

Nora Mair said...

Okay that Jennifer was me--she was accidentally still log in.

Rachael said...

Wow! Did you sleep during those 4 days? hahaha Her books are so good, especially because the subjects don't sound interesting at all. Her new one "The Host" I just finished. Different, but good. Just not as good as "Twilight" series

Sara said...

Sue--
I hope you are doing well! I peek at your blog every once in awhile (I am usually never on the computer more than I have to be--being a computer retard and all). You do such a great job. I started my own blog with Kimmy's help, but I still don't have anything posted on it--your blog has inspired me and I hope to work on mine when we go up to the cabin. Your pictures got me excited! Anyway, a couple of books that I have read lately that are really good are....
"Mrs. Mike" and "These is my Words". Both books are of women who struggled with tough times, yet were strong and made it through. I can't forget to mention there is also romance--which of course makes them better. I liked the Twilight series as well, but these are more realistic. We can't all have a sexy millionare, that never ages,spending every moment of his life in love with us, can we? ha ha! Well, I didn't mean to take up too much space so I will end for now. Love, cousin Sara