Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I have been such a boring blogger lately. And I apologize because this post probably won't change the trend.
On Monday I went with my Mother in law, her twin sister, and my sister in law to lunch at the Gateway. Afterwards the kids played in the fountains. I was lucky that my sister in law Emily happily took part in helping Emma to play so I could snap some pictures. All was normal and well, until a certain little boy caught my eye. His name was Taylor, and he just scooted his way right into the picture, and into the middle of the fountains. He caught my eye - as you may well guess- because he is wearing DAFOS (leg braces) and using a walker to get around. Now, I know that Emma will be independent one day. She'll be able to get around with a walker or even her own two legs. But right now, that day is far off in the unknown future. To see that little boy out there laughing, playing, just having a wonderful time.....it reminded me of the hope that lies in the future. It made me smile on the inside. Thanks Taylor. just for being there.

No comments: