Tuesday, August 19, 2008

THANK YOU ELKS!

I know I've blogged several times before about the Elks club and their generosity towards us. But I just realized that I haven't ever posted pictures of the Bedroom set we were able to get for Emma with their last round of spoiling! At first we thought we might need some kind of 'special' bed for her, but soon found out that the only 'special' beds there are--are hospital beds and there really wasn't any need for anything like that as long as we could keep her from falling out. Besides, we want her to feel like any other little girl. So, we found this sweet and girly bedroom set from JC Penny. The top is a double bed. Plenty of room for rolling without falling out, and a single size trundle underneath--(if she does fall, she'll at least have a soft landing.) We were going to get those railing things for the side to keep her in, but found after a few nights, that she just stays right in the middle and doesn't fall out anyway!

She LOVES her new bed. She has Cinderella sheets on top, and Dora on the trundle. Every night when I lay her in bed, she points at her sheets and says "My Lella!" (My Cinderella) and hugs her pillow and giggles. She likes the Dora sheets an awful lot too! The bedroom set came with a nice big set of drawers, and we still had enough money to buy her some Princess Posters for the wall, and a piggy bank too! Many mornings I find her sitting on her bed pointing at her posters saying "Lella, Belle, No Wha" (Snow White) She Loves her princesses. Like I say, The Elks have really spoiled us, and we thoroughly appreciate it!
Beyond the bedroom set with all the fixin's we STILL have money left over and are using it to pay for her way to Disneyland to SEE LELLA! in October. She is so excited. We got one of those 'vacation planning DVDs', and it was absolutely HILARIOUS to watch Emma watch the video. Her eyes were peeled for Cinderella, and every time she saw her she screamed like those crazy beatles fans you see in the old video clips who pass out and everything. And one shot of Cinderella shows her hugging a little girl. Emma got so mad and started pointing at the TV yelling "NO! My Lella! My Lella!" We're going to have to work on sharing before October. Still so funny. And for Emma it will be a dream come true. Thanks again you wonderful Elks!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

I love it! What a cute room! Oh how I wish we could keep our daughters feeling like they are princesses their whole lives! (but not in the spoiled way). I can't wait to hear how Emma likes Disneyland--are you going to the Princess lunch?

Trudy said...

Sue,

Yeah for Emma! If Abby saw Emma's room I'm sure she'd never want to leave!

Rencher Fam said...

So Cute! Disneyland will be so fun for your family. THE ELKS ROCK!

{sheree} said...

Emma's room is SO cute!
Have fun at Disneyland! I can't wait to read about it!

DA pages said...

I can't belive I haven't seen it myself yet! I haven't been up to your guys house in such a long time. I think I need to take a visit soon!

Rebecca said...

Get that girl to Disney ASAP, although I would be deathly afraid if she incounters another Cinderella lover!