
Another reason to switch to digital scrapbooking: our basement floods from time to time, as it did on Saturday. Unfortunately, our scrapbooks fell victim to the ensuing damage. I have learned that plastic page covers only do so much. About one in every ten let the water in somehow. So, I had to go through each album to find the damaged pages and pull them out to dry. I am lucky.
I keep thinking of the people in New Orleans, and Texas who have been hit with Hurricanes and lost everything. Scrapbooks seems like a frilly little hobby. But coming from someone who was an orphan by age 30, (and other losses) Believe me when I say that 'memories' are more important than most things. Tangible memories, even more so. I can't help but think about digital scrapbooking. You can get a nice hardbound book out of it. Much nicer than the three ring binders I've been using. You can save them on a CD and lock them up in your waterproof/fireproof box. (CDs don't take up much room) and---DID YOU KNOW---that if you make a book through Heritage Makers, they will replace lost or damaged books for half price?!! Pretty compelling argument eh?
You may be thinking that I must really be into digital scrapbooking right? wrong. I took a class. I've done 4 layouts. With intentions to do many many more, I have instead designed about 10 digital scrapbooking kits instead. Thanks to my friend Rebecca, I have lots of really good information about it though, and I'm sold on the idea.
Honestly, I'm a little bit overwhelmed with life right now. I've been so super super busy. and not the kind of busy that's been scheduled into my day planner if you catch my drift. You can't plan emergency rooms and floods. But they do make it awfully hard to keep up with the things that are written in the planner....... I'm catching up again. Slowly. But catching up none the less.

4 comments:
Sad to hear about the flood! I'm going to have to check out Heritage Makers. I've never heard of that one before.
Sorry to hear about the flood! One of these days, you will have to give me a private lesson on D.S. That is the only way I could do it!
Sue, Sorry to hear about the basement! That is my greatest fear now that we have just remodeled down there!
Can't wait to see your books!
It's really too bad that we can't schedule all the little crises that seem to take so long to recover from. Good luck with the clean up and recovery from your flood. As for your scrapbooks, I've seen them and I know what they mean to you. I really hope you can salvage the pages that got wet. Your right, they are worth so much more than any of the other "stuff"!
Post a Comment