After seven months of jumping through hoops, and goose chasing--we finally got Aiden in to his ADD/ADHD evaluation appointment. He has the criteria to be diagnosed with ADD, but not ADHD. (yay! no hyperactivity) The psychologist described it as having the volume knob on all his senses turned all the way up. So background noise for us is tuned out, but background noise to Aiden is blaring in his face. If some kid in his class is scratching his head during work time, its visually like someone flagging down a rescue ship. Everything is amplified. That makes total sense to me. No wonder he gets so distracted and has a hard time focusing on one thing. The psychologist suggested a book to us with surveys to take which will narrown down exactly what kind of attention issues he has. It also has strategies to help with each specific issue.....So, we'll take it from there. It's such a good feeling just to have possiblilities to help your child.What a week it's been. I never want a week like this again.
Thursday: Emma was in Primary children's for her hearing test. result: she needs hearing aids.
Friday: Aiden in the ER for possible broken leg. Just a severely strained muscle.
Saturday: Emma came down with a fever.
Sunday: Emma's fever hasn't broken, keeps getting hotter. Went to Insta Care. Got antibiotic.
Monday: Emma to Ear Nose Throat Doctor for follow up on hearing test from Thursday.
Tuesday: Aiden into Psychologist for ADD evaluation
Wednesday: (today) A day with no doctors or medical problems!!! (knock on wood)
Thursday: Emma to 2nd audiologist for another follow up on hearing test from last Thursday.
Either I'm a certifiable hypochondriac, or I have a fetish for medical centers. You decide.

3 comments:
I think that you are a good and patient mom who is willing to do anything for her kids. You're awesome Sue-hang in there and I hope that next week is better!!
Wow! What a crazy week! Maybe it will count for the rest of the year! I am glad you were able to get some answers about Aiden!
I vote for the fetish thing
love
Duck
Post a Comment