Friday, February 15, 2008

For Valentine's Day,

I played 'catch-up' on Christmas. I finally sent out -not Christmas cards- but Valentine cards. I actually like it better at this time of year. It was a lot easier than doing it during a busy and hectic Christmas season. Although, on the tail end of my terrible week... When I went to pick up my pretty little cards at Costco, they told me my membership expired in December of 2006! lol! We get gas there every week! Who knew! They still allowed me to purchase my cards. After all, they were already printed! he he he...
At Christmas time I bought two big blocks of dipping chocolate. One milk chocolate, one white chocolate. I had grand ideas and intentions of dipping my own chocolates to give to the neighbors....It never happened. So, I thought we would break out the chocolate for valentines. I bought oreos and nutter butters and marshmallows to dip. But alas, my intentions stayed just that--intentions. We ended up eating the cookies along with the chocolate from heart shaped boxes that Bub's Mom gave us. Isn't Valentines a wonderfully fattening holiday? (heck, aren't they all?) anyway, I suppose next time I'll have to catch up on Christmas and Valentines. You just can't let good chocolate go to waste.
Actually, for Valentines we are taking our little family on a mini-vacation to Bub's family condo in St. George. I believe it will be a lovely trip, and I hope it will be warmer there than it is here. luckily, our kids are pretty good road trippers. Hope you all enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

What a cute card SUe! It makes me excited to get to my digital scrapbooking! Hope you are having fun on your well deserved trip!

DA pages said...

I hope you and bub have fun in St. George (you'll probably be home by the time you get this, but anyways I hope you guys had a fun valentines!