Sunday, February 10, 2008

So Frustrating.......

It has been one of those weeks.  You know.  The kind where EVERYTHING goes wrong?!!  Yeah, you know.  It started over last weekend when I got sick.  Vomiting sick.  lay in bed and feel queezy sick.  It went away after about a day ( I thought maybe it was food poisoning as I had no fever or chills, runny/stuffy nose etc.  just queezy)  The rest of the week held a variety of mishaps including one of the legs of the ironing board falling off. yes off.  the welding....came un-welded.  How that happens I'll never know.  I had problems with all sorts of things working right: the dishwasher, the computer, and even the TV is broken.  So, I thought I'd do something nice for myself.  Bub gave me a gift certificate for a fancy hair salon.  I've been saving it for months.  For a day when I really needed a little fancy pampering.    I've really been wanting a hair cut too.  So I called the place to make an appointment.  Apparently, they've gone out of business...that kind of week...I thought okay, I'm not going to let this get me down. I've been trying to keep a positive attitude.  I'll go to my old standby here.  I drove there because it's one of those 'walk in' places.  Well, there was a sign on the door:  "CLOSED EARLY FOR STAFF MEETING"  You've got to be kidding me. I decided that I still wasn't going to let it get to me though.  So I got in the car and kept driving till I found something...anything.  And I got a haircut.  Third time is a charm I guess. (just don't ask about how the haircut turned out! lol Aren't you glad hair grows?)  Last night, Emma woke up mid way through the night.  I was SO tired that I just brought her into bed with me and went back to sleep.  An hour or so later I was awakened by a gurgling burpy liquidy sort of sound.  I smelled it first.  She had thrown up all over over herself, me, my bed, our pillows and everything.   Just that kind of week......There's more.  But at this point it's all just details.  I'm reminded of Alexander of "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day " fame who says "Some days are like that --- Even in Australia."  It's definitely true.   Some weeks are like that -- Even in Utah. I'm looking forward to the start of a new day and a new week.  It can only get better. seriously.....Oh, and when blogger starts working for me again, I'll post some more pictures too.  I'm glad I know how to laugh, because even after a week like this, I'm still smiling, and I hope now that you are too.    

3 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

Oh Sue I am so sorry to hear of your bad week. I hope that the sun will come out tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Yuck! hope you week if off to a better start! Can't wait to see your pictures...hoping one is a layout!

DA pages said...

Sue! I am soo sorry about your terrible week! I think we need to get together and have a girls day out sometime soon! I am glad that you can still look back at that and have a smile on your face and laugh about it!