

23 years ago today, my Dad, Arden Earl Meeks completed his mission here on earth and returned home to our Heavenly Father. I was 9 years old. I remember that day in great detail. Like today, it was also a Friday. I can hardly believe that 23 years have gone by. I can hardly believe I'm old enough to talk about something happening 23 years ago. I am grateful though, for the knowledge I have about our Heavenly Father's plan. What a dark and hopeless experience the death of a loved one would be without knowing that we will be reunited together again as a family. forever. Though I still miss my Dad, the memories are sweeter and the future is brighter because of the hope I have through Jesus Christ who loves me. I have been greatly blessed through all these years, knowing that death is not the end. And I have felt my Fathers near. Both my Heavenly Father and my Earthly Father. What a blessing. I'm so grateful. So, so grateful.

1 comment:
Thank you for this post! It is beautiful, it made me cry. I don't remember Grandpa at all but I know that I know him and cannot wait to see him again!
Post a Comment