Sunday, February 24, 2008

HELP!


Okay, I'm going for it! I'm going to 'compete' in the design contest. Actually the first round is sort of a try out to get into the competition. Anyway, I decided that a *{ROCKSTAR}* theme would make a fun line of papers. So, this is what I'm working on. I've got to have a mini-kit (3 papers, 3 embellishments) that will be used as a freebie on their site.
Every paper line has what is called 'an anchor paper' which is the main paper of the line. All the other papers are designed to coordinate around it. So, these are my ideas for an anchor paper.
I have a hard time judging my own work sometimes. Especially this time where I'm a little unsure of myself anyway. I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if EVERYONE who sees this would take the time to either vote in the poll on the right or leave a comment with feed back about which one of these papers is your favorite, or if I should change certain elements. etc. Keep in mind, these papers are for scrapbooking. You have to be able to put pictures and journaling on them.
In another day or so, I will let you know which design I have decided to go with, and I'll post coordinating papers for your critique and suggestions. So check back often.
Thanks everybody! I'm anxious to hear what you think!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the concept of the rock n' roll theme! What an original idea. I like the red paper with the guitar, you may be able to fit a small pic in there with a little journeling, but when I scrap my pics I like to use a little less ornate paper, and save the fancy stuff for the embellishments, but that is just my personal preference. Maybe a smaller guitar used more like a shadow, etc. Cute idea, great start though, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Rencher Fam said...

I'm so glad that you decided to go for it Sue! I like the red paper also. good luck!

Anonymous said...

I like the paper with the flames on the guitar however the flames coming out from the guitar look a little like thorny vines? First impression. I would choose the red because it looks like there is more space for pictures/journaling. Great job!

DA pages said...

As you know I don't really scrapbook, but I love them! I really like the last one that says rock n roll. It reminds me of the movie school of rock! I agree with maybe making the embelishment smaller so that you can use more pics.

DA pages said...

Oh yeah, I like the flames a lot and I like that they look viney. I think it is a cool and different approach for flames.

Melissa said...

random viewer here... I honestly like them all! They are different and unique! You are an amazing artist!