One more project thrown into the mix. Each month when I go visiting teaching, I print up a little bit of the message and dress it up a little to give to the girls I visit. Since I will be leaving in a few days, and my partner will be going out of town also, I had to hurry and do these yesterday. But, I thought you might like to take a look. The quote is from Elder Ballard's talk from this last conference. I love love love this talk. It is all about how important we are as mothers, and how we need to be good to ourselves. I think it's just the tonic I have needed. And has given me permission to slow down and not feel like I have to do EVERYTHING. Sometimes I feel like I'm so retarded when it comes to being a wife and a mother. I say that only because it seems to be a common theme among several of the other blogs I've read lately. I think sometimes, we all get a little bit overwhelmed and discouraged. This talk was really comforting to me, and I plan to follow many of the great ideas it presented. If you'd like to read it, click here. Speaking of great talks and inspiration, I'd like to briefly highlight a couple of my imaginary friends for that purpose. (my imaginary friends are the people I don't know, but read their blogs.)
First off, Travelin' Oma. What a great lady. She is a mother and a grandmother, and recently spoke at the BYU women's conference. Her talk was about Families, family reunions, and how to use the internet to strengthen our ties and communication with our families. If you click here and go to her blog, you can e-mail her for a copy of her talk. I did. and it was well worth it. So many great ideas. Not just for the above mentioned things, but for raising a family in general as well. I love stuff like this. I need and appreciate any help I can get as a mother.
The second imaginary friend is probably only borderline imaginary. I went to highschool with her and her husband. He was my age, she a year younger. I knew them both as aquaintances, but not well. A couple of years ago, her husbands parents were killed in a car accident. So, They moved into his parents home and have been taking care of all his younger siblings along with their own small kids. They are part the "Stoddard family" and part the "Smith family" therefore, they call themselves (or at least their blog) the "Smoddards" I know this because they live in my sister's ward. She doesn't know that I read her blog. I've never left any comments. So I feel a little bit sneaky, like a spy or something reading it. But I'm spotlighting her today because she really inspires me. I would think a situation like that would be so hard. I have a hard enough time raising my own family let alone someone else's too. And I still feel like we are all so young! anyway, if it is hard--you would never know it from her. I am amazed by the GREAT and down to earth attitude she has about everything. and even more AMAZED at the energy she has and all the really FUN things she still does. if you look a week or two back on her blog you can see where she and her friends had Sydney Bristow party where they all dressed up and had a spy competition against each other. Sounds like so much fun! I don't know how she does it all! Like I say, she inspires me. You can check her out by clicking here. I hope you enjoy the uplift!
I'm still working on the howlers & growlers kit today. (please don't look at the state of my house.)

4 comments:
Thanks for your kind words!
What a nice post Sue...can't wait to check out the blogs that you were talking about!
oops...I'm on Alan's laptop. I forgot to change users. It's really me-Jen!
I'm one of the lucky gals that gets to have Sue and Terry and my Visiting Teachers and I must admit they are amazing! Thanks for the thoughtfulness Sue.
Post a Comment